GPS Receiver – Location Accuracy
The SafetyAlert SA1G has been superseded by the GPS equipped SafetyAlertSA3G.
KTI SafetyAlert SA1G EPIRBs incorporate a 66 channel GPS receiver which is accurate to 1.8 metres** and provides the highest possible search-and-rescue location accuracy. Once activated, the SA1G will continue to transmit an updated GPS location every five (5) minutes for over three (3) days.
The SafetyAlert SA1G has an in-built high intensity strobe light for visual detection at night or in poor visibility and provides its GPS location ro search-and-rescue authorities within one (1) minute of activation.
The SafetyAlert SA1G EPIRB is extremely cost effective and low maintenance due to an engineering world first COSPAS/SARSAT approved 10 Year Battery. The SafetyAlert SA1G is designed to go the distance so you may have complete confidence on land or at sea.
** Whilst the GPS receiver has an accuracy of 1.8 metres, search-and-rescue authorities advise that the maximum accuracy they can resolve in all cases from an EPIRB is 120 metres.
- Design: GPS Equipped, high stability oven-free frequency reference for rapid satellite-compatible transmission. Durable, flexible, stainless-steel antenna. Free of permanent magnets. Waterproof to a depth of greater than 5 metres. Floats with antenna vertical.
- Frequencies: 406 MHz satellite communication with 121.5 MHz homing transmitter.
- GPS Receiver: Internal 66 channel.
- Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT C/S T.001, AS/NZS 4280.
- Activation: Manual switch with test facility.
- Strobe Light: High intensity photo-flash, sequenced in an attention attracting double flash.
- Batteries: SO2-free lithium with 20 year shelf life, recommend replacement after 10 years.
- Dimensions: 250mm x 80mm diameter.
- Antenna: 265mm flexible blade, marine grade stainless steel.
- Gross Weight: 860 grams approx.
- Warranty: 10 Year parts and labour.
- Accessories: Supplied with quick release mounting bracket.
High intensity photo-flash, sequenced in an attention attracting double flash.
265mm flexible blade, marine grade stainless steel. (Not shown)
Manual switch with test facility
10 Year SO2-free lithium with 20 year shelf life, recommend replacement after 10 years.
406 MHz satellite communication with 121.5 MHz homing transmitter.
Kinetic Technology (KTI) has been designing and manufacturing EPIRBs for over 20 years in Melbourne Australia. KTI specialises in designing and developing beacons for commercial and military use.
Kinetic Technology International
KTI has ceased operations. Battery replacement, re-coding and other services are no longer available. Warranty claims can only be processed via your retailer. Most Self-Test problems arise from incorrect product testing. For Self-Test instructions please refer to the instruction manual or our Q&A pages. The Cospas-Sarsat system is not controlled by beacon manufacturers – your KTI beacon remains fully compatible with the Cospas-Sarsat system after KTI factory closure.