Personal Locator Beacon (PLB)
Outdoor enthusiasts now have access to the latest in cutting edge Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) technology with the new 406 MHz SafetyAlert PLB from KTI.
Setting an unprecedented world standard in PLB design and performance, the new KTI SafetyAlert is compact, fast and reliable. Ideal for bushwalkers, four wheel drivers, cross country skiers and small aircraft pilots, the KTI SafetyAlert PLB is the ultimate global rescue link for people who want peace of mind in the outdoors.
Built to replace the popular KTI RB3 beacon, the new 406 MHz SafetyAlert harnesses the more accurate 406MHz COSPAS-SARSAT satellite frequency to deliver pinpoint detection accuracy and faster rescue response times.
The KTI SafetyAlert leads the world not only in design and technology, but breaks new ground in efficiency with a class leading 10 year battery life. Ultra-low current circuitry and low-loss antenna system delivers performance that exceeds the COSPAS-SARSAT requirements of 24 hours continuous transmission at -20°C.
For premium performance the KTI SafetyAlertPLB is GPS equipped with a location accuracy of down to 3.0 metres. The GPS receiver is coupled to a chip style antenna which provides high sensitivity together with superior resistance against detuning by nearby objects.
- Size: Compact, lightweight design
- Antenna: Marine grade stainless steel, flexible, multi-position
- Buoyancy: Self buoyant – no need for external flotation aids
- Strobe: High intensity photo-flash LED
- Activation: Simple one-hand activation
- Carry Pouch: Camera style carry pouch with belt loop
- Lanyard: Detachable with pictorial instructions and whistle
- Mirror: Supplied with high reflectivity mirror
- Warranty: 10 year parts and labour
- Frequencies: 406.040MHz and 121.500MHz (homing signal)
- Battery: Non hazmat LiFe02, 20 year shelf life, 10 year replacement
- Weight: 140g
- Size: 88mm x 64mm x 31mm
- Accuracy: Limited only by COSPAS-SARSAT system
- Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT T.001 class II TAC 255, AS/NZS 4280.2
- Protocol: Programmable to all applicable COSPAS-SARSAT message formats
- Strobe: Greater than 1cd, 20 flashes per minute
- 66 channel receiver
- 5 minute position updates
- accurate to 3.0m (CEP50)
- Cold start acquisition time < 35 seconds typical
- Chip style antenna design, highly resistant to detuning by nearby objects
High intensity photo-flash, sequenced in an attention attracting double flash.
Flexible blade, marine grade stainless steel. (Folded)
Manual switch with test facility
10 Year SO2-free lithium with 20 year shelf life, recommend replacement after 10 years.
406 MHz satellite communication with 121.5 MHz homing transmitter.
Kinetic Technology (KTI) has been designing and manufacturing EPIRBs for over 20 years in Melbourne Australia. KTI specialises in designing and developing beacons for commercial and military use.
Follow us on Facebook
Kinetic Technology International Pty. Ltd.
1 Kembla Street
Cheltenham East, Victoria 3192 Australia
T: +61 3 9583 9566
F: +61 3 9583 9805
ABN 50 058 419 695