KTI announces their new SA3G GPS equipped EPIRB
- NEW rugged switch mechanism
- TOUGHER new spring-based antenna
- UPDATED components & technology
KTI SafetyAlert SA3G EPIRBs incorporate a 66 channel GPS receiver which is accurate to 1.8 metres** and provides the highest possible search-and-rescue location accuracy. Once activated, the SA1G will continue to transmit an updated GPS location every five (5) minutes for over three (3) days.
The SafetyAlert SA3G has an in-built high intensity strobe light for visual detection at night or in poor visibility and provides its GPS location ro search-and-rescue authorities within one (1) minute of activation.
The SafetyAlert SA3G EPIRB is extremely cost effective and low maintenance due to an engineering world first COSPAS/SARSAT approved 10 Year Battery. The SafetyAlert SA3G is designed to go the distance so you may have complete confidence on land or at sea.
** Whilst the GPS receiver has an accuracy of 1.8 metres, search-and-rescue authorities advise that the maximum accuracy they can resolve in all cases from an EPIRB is 120 metres.
- Design: GPS Equipped, high stability oven-free frequency reference for rapid satellite-compatible transmission. Durable, flexible, stainless-steel antenna. Free of permanent magnets. Waterproof to a depth of greater than 5 metres. Floats with antenna vertical.
- Frequencies: 406 MHz satellite communication with 121.5 MHz homing transmitter.
- GPS Receiver: Internal 66 channel.
- Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT C/S T.001, AS/NZS 4280.
- Activation: Manual switch with test facility.
- Strobe Light: High intensity photo-flash, sequenced in an attention attracting double flash.
- Batteries: SO2 -free lithium with 20 year shelf life, recommend replacement after 10 years.
- Dimensions: 250mm x 80mm diameter.
- Antenna: 265mm flexible blade, marine grade stainless steel.
- Gross Weight: 860 grams approx.
- Warranty: 10 Year parts and labour.
- Accessories: Supplied with quick release mounting bracket.