The SafetyAlert SA1 has been superseded by the GPS equipped SafetyAlert SA3G.
KTI’s SafetyAlert SA1 EPIRB gives advanced Search and Rescue location accuracy and provides greater than 3 days transmission time once activated. Featuring an in-built photo flash strobe light for visual detection in low light conditions, the SafetyAlert SA1 provides a quick and precise location in an emergency.
The SafetyAlert SA1 EPIRB is extremely cost effective and low maintenance due to an engineering world first COSPAS/SARSAT approved 10 Year battery replacement interval. The SafetyAlert SA1 is designed to go the distance so you may have complete confidence on land or at sea.
- Design: High stability oven-free frequency reference for rapid satellite-compatible transmission. Durable, flexible, stainless-steel antenna. Free of permanent magnets. Waterproof to a depth of greater than 5 metres. Floats with antenna vertical.
- Frequencies: 406 MHz satellite communication with 121.5 MHz homing transmitter.
- Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT C/S T.001, AS/NZS 4280.
- Activation: Manual switch with test facility.
- Strobe Light: High intensity photo-flash, sequenced in an attention attracting double flash.
- Batteries: SO2-free lithium with 20 year shelf life, recommend replacement after 10 years.
- Dimensions: 250mm x 80mm diameter.
- Antenna 265mm flexible blade, marine grade stainless steel.
- Gross Weight: 860 grams.
- Warranty: 10 Year parts and labour.
- Accessories: Supplied with quick release mounting bracket.